The Renegade Row is a great movement that will work so much more than just your back. Shoulder stability and core strength are also challenged in this functional exercise! (Need even more of a challenge, add-in a pushup!)
Here are some tips to help you perform this movement safely:
1. Keep those hands directly underneathe your shoulders.
– Select a weight heavy enough to challenge your back muscles. (Heavier than what you bicep curl is a good place to start.)
– Hands will be placed on the DB’s in a pushup or plank position.
2. Pull back in full range of motion.
– Keep your elbow in tight on your ribs as you row up.
– Row all the way up so that the DB almost touches your deltoid (shoulder).
3. Stabilize your hips as you row.
– Keep your feet close together for a challenge or widen them to ease the strain on your core.
– Keep back nice and flat throughout the movement. Avoid sticking your butt towards the ceiling.
– Don’t twist your hips or shift them as you row. Core should be stabilized so hips stay parallel with the ground.
Watch the video for full exercise demonstration and description!!